Weighing Out the Pros and Cons
In-Office medication dispensing technology offers patients easier access to their oral and self-injectable medications while opening a new potential revenue stream for physicians’ practices.
- Physicians can stock and dispense medications they regularly prescribe
- Helps to avoid the hassle of getting prescriptions filled at a local pharmacy
- EHR documents are accurate, straightforward and simple
- Allows physicians to focus more on research and peer collaboration
- Makes it possible to dispense only what’s needed
- Ensures patients return for follow up treatment
- Patients can get insurance prior-authorizations and get their check-up all at the same time
- Supports oral care therapy
- It would be extremely convenient for patients
- Doctors could provide prescriptions at lower prices
- It would bring in revenue
Cons of In-Office Medication Dispensing
- Physicians would have to ensure they use the right software to avoid drug interactions
- Extra measures would have to be taken to prevent addicts from trying to locate drugs
- Such a system would require an investment
- Clinics would have to manage stock, order inventory, reimburse fee’s, and more
LET US CUSTOMIZE A MEDICATION DISPENSING SOLUTION FOR YOU
Every practice is unique, so we offer a range of service options that enable you to offer the best program for your patients.
Is it Worth It?
The benefits of having an in-office medication unit certainly outweigh the downfalls by far. What physicians need to consider is the convenience such a system would bring to their patients who obviously are ill and shouldn’t have to worry about picking up prescriptions from a crowded pharmacy. And yes, it may take a substantial investment; however, it would be a smart investment since it could bring in more than triple the amount in revenue. It basically can be considered as having another business within a business that also brings in profits.
Interested in Learning More?
Contact one of our provider care consultants today for a free consultation at 925.361.3942 or Request more information Online